politics & conservation
There are different types of human entities
1. International agencies .
1. Intrnational Agencies for conservation
UNDP:united nations development program
They are providing grants & funds for variety of projects regarding agriculture ,health care ,conservation projects.
2. UNEP : united nation environmental program : facilitates international corporations on environmental issues. Chiefly as a catalyst & information.
3.UNESCO : united nation educational scientific & cultural organization.
they are involved improving world literacy & also involve protecting world cultural & natural heritage : eg:man & biosphere program.
IUCN: world conservation union: promote the protection & sustainable use of living resources.
5.IMF : International Monitoring Fund: currency exchange & loans & negotiates loans.
6. ADB : Asian Development Bank: involve improving infrastructure. road/damp /electric system.
common threats that links these diverse group of conservation
1. Fostering global conservation ethic: improving the humanity is not achieve with out carefull stewardship of natural resources.
2. Regulating globally shared resources : oceans, air are common resources.
the polution in the air & ocean mus be regulated by international conventions.
conserve the organism that lives outside the territorial boundaries & regulate international trade in endangered species.
3. Fascilitating the sharing of financial resources : poorest nations have a vas array of biota it is not fair to expect them to protect the global heritage alone
4. fascilitating sharing of information : conservation of biodiversity requires vast amount of information international agencies involve to fascilitate the exchange of information via : publications , computerised data base & conferances.
1. developing & enforcing environmental regulations
1. setting a quata for no of fish that can be havested
2. compelling to install air pollution contrl device.
3. compelling farms\ers & house owners for minimising wasting water
2.conserving publically own resources.
· all aquatic ecosystem & many terrestrial eco systems are publically own.
· government involve in natural resource management by maintaining well trained staff of resource managers.
· issuing long term leases to ensure sound conservation .
working with local communities to conserve.
3. encouraging conservation through economic policy.
· they can offer financial insentives for activities that contribute to conservation & financial dis insentives for activities that are harmfull.
· providing students with the education they need to be responsible citizens,
· support universities & research institutions for their enviornmental research.
· filling the information vacuum.
NGO's such as world wide fund for nature involved conservation activities through out the world.
· internalising the enviornmental cost of doing business.
· exceeding th standards of environmental regulations such as green labelling.
· finding enovative ways to advance conseervation :eg. use their packaging to carry conservation msg to their consumers.
in rural areas common resources are used groups of people who live in the same area .
harvest of wild plants / animals minimising admospheric polution
1. be informed read ,listen & think .
2. become experienced .
3. because wisdom need with information.
4. communicate :
5. make ur life style consistant with ur values.
6. support conservation groups
7. become a proficional conservationist & keep ur prospective